Saturday, April 22 2017, 9:00 AM to Saturday, April 29 2017, 5:00 PM
28 Days until this Event
Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you'll learn teamwork, rescue and surveillance skills, First Aid and CPR/AED and other skills you need to work as a professional lifeguard. Successful completion results in a 2-year certification in
Lifeguarding that includes first aid, professional-level CPR and AED in one certificate. Participants will need a bathing suit for all meetings.
1. All participants will need to swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
2. Tread water for two minutes only using your legs.
3. Complete a timed event within 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Your face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object while keeping your face at or near the surface so you are able to get a breath. You should not swim the distance under water.
Exit the water using a ladder or steps.
If participants fail to demonstrate these prerequisites they will receive a refund for the full amount.
Register at https://recreationregistration.ucr.edu/Program/
April 22, 23, AND 29
Saturdays/Sundays, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Must attend all sessions.)
SRC Members $130, Other (open to anyone) $170
After you complete this course, you'll be eligible to apply for lifeguard positions at the SRC and more!